Release Note March 2020
Activate exclusive process editing
Processes cannot be edited by multiple authors at the same time. Before an author can edit a process, he or she must first enable editing. This prevents other authors from editing the process. Other authors can enable editing for themselves at any time. If a process is already being edited, the other user is shown a dialog box with information about which user currently blocked the process.
By editing processes exclusively, you prevent data inconsistencies caused by editing multiple users. All users can therefore be sure that activities in the process house do not overlap.
Swimlane for Applications
With “Swimlane for applications” you can display a graphical view of the process, which shows the process by applications in swim lanes. This view illustrates when a transition to the next system takes place. If the “Application” is not maintained, the entered role is displayed at this point.
Users thus get a precise overview of the grouping by systems, since the corresponding application is stored in the respective column.
Release Cycle: Configuration of an additional approver workflow phase
You can now add additional Approvers for the release cycle of your processes. If you use a user-defined release workflow, these are integrated as a fixed component in the release cycle. The additional field “Approver” is then displayed in the detailed content of the process. You can maintain additional users or user groups there. The new status “Ready for approval” is then available in the status dialog.
This new functionality is suitable for all users who work with user-defined release workflows. You do not need to make any changes in the configuration, as you can maintain the additional role with users and user groups yourself.
- Modeling accelerated, secured and optimized: Particularly complex processes, which have caused long loading times during modeling, are retrieved much faster from now on.
- Messages for complex processes: If a process reaches the limit of its capacity, the modeller is notified by a warning. It is not possible to further edit the process as soon as the capacity limit has been reached. This prevents individual, very complex processes from adversely affecting performance for other users. It also ensures that no very complex processes are modeled in Symbio.
- Loading time of status dialogs accelerated: By optimizing the evaluation of validation rules, the status dialog has been significantly accelerated.
- Loading time of detail content accelerated.
- Lists are displayed in front of architectures in the dialogs: This reduces the load time of all dialogs that are called via Detail Content.The measures described above ensure that the user experience for process agents is significantly optimized.
- Loading time of process graphics accelerated: In particular, this significantly accelerates the navigation and loading of processes for the viewer.
- Paging the global search results page: The global search results page is divided into pages so that not all elements on a page are loaded. This speeds up especially the search with many search results.
- The search has been generally accelerated. As a result, all search results are displayed much faster.
- Calculation of authorizations optimized: By copying existing authorizations, these authorizations do not have to be recalculated.
- The architecture can be deactivated in the system facet. This is useful for customers who have not grouped their systems into Building Blocks and have therefore had to accept longer loading times. The systems are only displayed in lists after activation.
- Measures in the backend that contribute to better performance.
- Database size was reduced considerably: This increases general performance and reduces memory usage on the SQL server.
- Generation and updating of the reporting environment accelerated.
Please also note the following change:
Imports and exports are now only performed by administrators. This concerns all applications (ARIS, Visio, Excel etc.). Users with the role “Architect” are no longer authorized to perform imports or exports.
The reason for this change is the occasionally quite high number of architects and the associated performance issues in Symbio.
In addition, security is increased for all users, since only administrators can perform imports and exports.